Keeping the power on: our future energy technology mix. Biofuelwatch evidence to the DESNZ Select Committee.
Biofuelwatch’s response to the Department for Energy and Net Zero Select Committee’s call for evidence Keeping the power on: our future energy technology mix which welcomed written submissions addressing the following questions:
- Is the energy sector open enough to new generation technology?
- Does the Government sufficiently support development of innovative energy infrastructure?
- Is the Governments plan for energy security sufficiently long term?
- What current technologies could usefully be deployed at scale to deliver better energy security in the UK?
- Are there technologies that have not been able to develop their potential and should be abandoned?
- What energy generation mix will get us to net zero the quickest in the most affordable way?
- Are the energy solutions universal across the UK or are there regional and local approaches on fuel and energy?